The trouble with Ostarine: Jimmy Wallhead’s
16th March 2018
• The Italian national anti-doping tribunal (TNA) has acquitted Simone Collio, Matteo Galvan, Claudio Licciardello, Giovanni Faloci and Daniele Secci, announced the Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) today. This follows the acquittal of Daniele Meucci, Fabrizio Donato, Daniele Greco, Ruggero Pertile, Andrew C. Howe, Silvia Salis, Anna Incerti and Andrea Lalli on Monday, as reported by CONI. All are affiliated to the Italian athletics association (FIDAL) and made up half of a group of 26 athletes that were recommended for sanctioning in December last year, following the ‘Olympia’ investigation carried out by the Bolzano prosecutor’s office.
• The Badminton World Federation (BWF) announced it has toughened its regulations regarding betting, wagering and match-fixing. The new regulations ban all players who have played in more than three international tournaments from betting on the sport, as well as BWF staff, Continental Confederation staff and BWF Referees. In ‘serious cases’, the new regulations allow the BWF to ban infringers for life.
• Brazilian marathon runner Sueli Pereira has been banned for four years after testing positive for erythropoietin (EPO) in December, reports Chinese news agency Xinhua. Pereira had achieved the qualifying time for the Rio 2016 Olympic Marathon, and is expected to appeal the sanction.
• Ten Korea Swimming Federation (KSF) board members and four businessmen have been indicted on corruption charges, reports Yonhap. The Korea Republic news agency said that the KSF board members have been charged with embezzlement of state funds.
• The British Horseracing Authority (BHA) has published its Integrity Review, which suggests a number of improvements that can be made to the BHA’s integrity programme. These include the establishment of a stakeholder integrity forum; improvements in the case management and disciplinary process; education improvements and more. The 52-page review was not designed to assess new threats to the integrity of horseracing.
Kenyan middle distance runner Alfred Kipketer has been sanctioned with a two year ban and...
Heavy snowfall in Madrid has prevented Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes from retrieving belongings seized during the...
Scientists have taken a step closer to developing a method to identify gene doping, according...