Demonising Justin Gatlin
13th September 2015
• The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) has sanctioned three Russians for competing whilst banned, its latest list (download PDF) of athletes sanctioned for a doping offence reveals. Tamara Schemerova has had her ban extended by one year, whilst Yevgeniy Khokhlov and Larisa Kleymenova have been banned for an additional four years. All three runners are understood to have competed in the 2016 Moscow Marathon whilst subject to a ban.
• The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has confirmed that its Anti-Corruption Tribunal has imposed a one-year ban on Nasir Jamshed for failing to comply with its Anti-Corruption Unit (ACU). Jamshed is one of five cricketers implicated by the PCB as being involved in a plan to corrupt the opening game of the 2017 Pakistan Super League (PSL) in Dubai.
• Sport Resolutions has processed 227 case enquiries with 85 resoling in a dispute resolution service being applied, its 2016/17 Annual Report reveals. The body provides sporting arbitration and medication services, and operated the National Anti-Doping Panel, through which most cases brought against athletes by UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) are heard. The NADP heard 15 cases during the year.
• The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) has agreed an integrity partnership with Sportradar. Under the terms of the deal, hundreds of matches each year will be monitored by Sportradar’s Fraud Detection System (FDS).
• The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has removed Equatorial Guinea from its World Anti-Doping Code non-compliance list, it announced yesterday. WADA said that it is working with Kuwait, Mauritius and Russia, who remain non-compliant with the Code.
Yuliya Gushchina (Ю́лия Гу́щина), Anna Nazarova/Klyashtornaya (Анна Назарова/Кляшторная) and Olesya Sviridova (Олеся Свиридова) have been...
More than 240 allegations of corruption in sport have been reported to the Sport Integrity...
The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) acknowledges the decision of the Australian Football League Anti-Doping...