The trouble with Ostarine: Jimmy Wallhead’s
16th March 2018
The comprehensive investigation was undertaken by independent World Rugby Anti-Doping Advisory Committee member Gregor Nicholson and specifically focused on whether there was any evidence to suggest that an anti-doping rule violation had occurred. The investigation involved re-analysis of the supplements which were claimed to contain steroids, at a WADA accredited laboratory, and interviews with current and former Kenya Rugby Football Union coaches.
Specifically, the World Rugby investigation:
• Confirmed use of nutritional supplements by the Kenya Rugby Football Union;
• Found no evidence to suggest that the supplements used by the Kenya Rugby Football Union contained any banned substance;
• Found no evidence of an anti-doping rule violation having been committed by the Kenya Rugby Football Union or members of the national team coaching staff;
• Found that supplements were not introduced to the players by Paul Treu, contrary to the allegations within the report;
• Noted that the Kenya men’s sevens and 15s squads were routinely tested in and out of competition at World Rugby events, with no adverse analytical findings
The outcomes of the investigation have been shared with WADA. Click here to read the full report.
While the investigation did not identify evidence that an anti-doping rule violation may have been committed, World Rugby continues to work with the Kenya Rugby Football Union to implement robust supplement education to all players and coaching staff via its Keep Rugby Clean programme. Kenyan players will also be tested extensively as part of the World Rugby anti-doping programme and in particular its pre-Olympic testing programme for participating unions and players. World Rugby is also prioritising the training of more regional educators to deliver anti-doping information at regional level, with a new pilot programme to be rolled out in 2016.
Kenyan middle distance runner Alfred Kipketer has been sanctioned with a two year ban and...
Heavy snowfall in Madrid has prevented Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes from retrieving belongings seized during the...