Demonising Justin Gatlin
13th September 2015
The World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA’s) independent Compliance Review Committee (CRC) met on 3 September 2016, in Montreal, to discuss matters related to implementation of WADA’s World Anti-Doping Code (Code) compliance monitoring program.
In particular, the CRC discussed the:
• Consequences of non-compliance
• Compliance questionnaire for Code signatories
• Compliance audit program
• Use of ADAMS
• Results management monitoring process
• Involvement of National Federations (NFs) in the implementation of anti-doping programs
• Role of Regional Anti-Doping Organizations (RADOs) in relation to the compliance monitoring program
• McLaren Report
Some of these matters will be the subject of recommendations to WADA’s Foundation Board on 20 November 2016.
The CRC also discussed the compliance of the National Anti-Doping Organizations (NADOs) of Azerbaijan, Brazil and Guatemala. The Committee concluded that these NADOs were not currently in compliance with the 2015 Code; and, determined that, unless pending issues are resolved, the CRC will submit recommendations of declarations of non-compliance to the November Foundation Board.
In November 2014, WADA established the independent, external, CRC as part of the Agency’s enhanced compliance process under the 2015 Code. The Committee is tasked with providing independent advice, guidance and recommendations to WADA and its Foundation Board on compliance-related matters. The CRC makes its recommendations based on information received from WADA’s internal Compliance Task Force.
• This media release was originally published on the World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA) internet site on 6 September 2016. To access the original, please click here.
USADA announced today that Ivan Shtyrkov, of Kosulino, Russia, has accepted a two-year sanction for...
• World Rugby announces 2018 global testing and education programme results • Continued focus on...
Ninety five percent of 1,324 Spanish footballers from 88 teams questioned by researchers from the...