The trouble with Ostarine: Jimmy Wallhead’s
16th March 2018
• The Fédération Internationale de Natation (FINA) has confirmed two year bans issued by the Egyptian national anti-doping organisation (NADO) to two swimmers. FINA confirmed a two-year ban issued to Norhan Naser Salah after a positive test for ephedrine from 17 December 2014. It also confirmed a two-year ban on Shehab Mohamed Younis, following a positive test for Androsterone, Eticholanolone, Testosterone and 5b-androstane-3a,17b-diol, all steroids. The two-year ban will run from 18 February 2015.
• A 42-year old man who applied for a passport using a photo of convicted match-fixer, Wilson Raj Perumal (pictured), then sold the passport to him, has been sentenced to 18 months, reports the New Straits Times. The document was found on Perumal when he was arrested in Finland last year, and was traced back to Subramaniam Sellapah.
• The Russian Kayaking and Canoe Federation has issued a two-year ban to Ksenya Ostanii, after materials provided by the Russian Anti-Doping Agency proved that the athlete had committed an anti-doping rule violation. A RUSADA statement confirmed that the ban would run from on 6 April 2015.
• The Chinese government has fired Xiao Tan, Deputy Sports Minister, following a corruption investigation by the Communist Party, reports Reuters. Tian was also a member of China’s Olympic Committee, which is involved in Beijing’s bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics.
• Austrian prosecutors have dropped an investigation into cross-country skiier Johannes Duerr, reports the Associated Press. Duerr admitted taking erythropoietin (EPO) after he tested positive during the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics. He was sanctioned by the International Ski Federation (FIS) last June.
• Former Juventus executive Luciano Moggi has been cleared of defaming former Inter Milan President Giacinto Facchetti by suggesting that he had been involved in match-fixing, reports the Associated Press. Moggi was accused of defaming Facchetti in a 2010 TV show, by suggesting that he had been involved in the 2006 Italian ‘Calciopoli’ match-fixing scandal.
Ophélie Claude-Boxberger has been sanctioned with a backdated two year ban for an anti-doping rule...
USADA announced today that Richard Burkett, of New Castle, Pa., an athlete in the sport...