The trouble with Ostarine: Jimmy Wallhead’s
16th March 2018
• Team Haas’s new Formula 1 car, unveiled following a sponsorship deal with Russian potash fertiliser company Uralkali, has highlighted how issues may arise in interpreting the Court of Arbitration for Sport’s (CAS) prohibition on displaying the Russian flag, but permitting use of its colours. The front wings of the new car (pictured) do appear to represent the Russian flag. The Team told FormulaSpy that the design of the car had been finalised prior to the CAS ruling, and the international automobile federation (FIA) said that the CAS Decision doesn’t prohibit use of the Russian flag’s colours. It is understood that the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) is assessing if any rules have been broken. The majority shareholder in Uralkali is Dmitry Mazepin (Дмитрий Мазепин), father of the US based team’s new driver, Nikita Mazepin (Ники́та Мазе́пин).
• Maria Sotskova (Мария Сотскова) has been sanctioned with a ten year ban, the Russian figure skating federation (ФфкР) announced. In September last year, the Russian Anti-Doping Agency (RUSADA) denied leaking documents to the media, after ‘a source’ told State news agency TASS that Sotskova had been sanctioned due to forging documents to explain an adverse analytical findings (AAF). Sotskova had announced her retirement in July. Her ban will expire on 5 April 2030.
• Boxing and combat sports agency MTK Global has launched MTK Football, a player agency. A documentary by BBC Panorama broadcast in February highlighted links between MTK Global and Daniel Kinahan, alleged to be the head of a drugs and weapons trafficking operation.
• Four track and field athletes have been sanctioned for doping offences, the Russian Athletics Federation (RusAF) has announced. Anastasia Belousova (Анастасия Белоусова) has been sanctioned with a four year ban for an anti-doping rule violation (ADRV) involving oxandrolone. Her ban will expire on 11 October 2024. Marina Efremova (Марина Ефремова) and Artem Afanasiev (Артем Афанасьев) from the Chuvashia region have been sanctioned for use/attempted use of a prohibited substance and/or method. On 15 November 2019, a Report was produced into use of intravenous infusions in Chuvashia and RUSADA estimated 74 ADRVs had been discovered. Dmitry Kostin (Дмитрия Костина) has been sanctioned with a three year ban for an ADRV involving a metabolite of LGD-4033 and will be banned until 27 September 2023.
• Martin Glen, the former Chief Executive of England’s Football Association, has been awarded £100,000 in damages after taking legal action against Graham Kline, a former Assistant Director at Fulham FC. In a series of Twitter posts, Kline alleged that Glen had covered up corruption and child abuse, prompting the FA to launch an investigation in 2018. No evidence of any wrongdoing was found. Click here for the High Court ruling.
Various Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) panels have issued the following decisions: 1) Awards...
• Heiki Nabi’s appeal against a provisional suspension imposed by the Estonian Anti-Doping and Sports...
The Bureau of the FIFA Council took the following decisions concerning the governance of two...