The trouble with Ostarine: Jimmy Wallhead’s
16th March 2018
• Gennady Alyoshin (Геннадию Алёшину) and Robert Popov (Роберту Попову), the former Deputy Chairman of the Russian Olympic Committee (ROC) and the Russian Athletics Federation’s (RusAF) anti-doping coordinator, have been arrested on charges of embezzlement, reports Russian State news agency TASS. It is understood that the arrests were made as part of the criminal case against Alexander Kravtsov (Александра Кравцова). Kravtsov headed the CSP, which is in charge of preparing Russia’s national teams for international competition, from 2009 until he was arrested and detained on charges of embezzlement in September last year.
• Brianna McNeal, the Olympic 100m hurdles champion, has been sanctioned with a five year ban for tampering with the doping control process, the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) of World Athletics announced on Twitter (see below). McNeal has appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) and has been granted temporary relief to participate in the USA Track & Field Olympic Trials on 27 June, in order to qualify for the postponed Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
An update on the Brianna McNeal case:
The Disciplinary Tribunal has sanctioned Brianna McNeal (USA) for 5 years, starting 15 Aug 2020, for tampering within the results management process, her second violation of the @WorldAthletics Anti-Doping Rules.https://t.co/cBkQOqSHT4
— Athletics Integrity Unit (@aiu_athletics) June 4, 2021
• Rogério Caboclo, President of the confederation of Brazilian football (CBF), has been temporarily suspended due to an allegation of sexual harassment, reports the Associated Press. It is understood that the complaint was filed by a former CBF employee. Caboclo denies any wrongdoing.
• Youssef Sbaai, winner of the Sofia Marathon, has been sanctioned with a four year ban for an anti-doping rule violation (ADRV) involving recombinant erythropoietin (EPO). According to the full Decision, Sbaai returned an adverse analytical finding (AAF) for EPO after the October 2020 Marathon. Sbaai argued that his water bottle had been ‘manipulated’. The Sport Resolutions Panel rejected that explanation as an unproven ‘hypothesis’.
• Online bookings for this event are now closed. If you would like to attend...
• Hamane Niang, President of the international basketball federation (FIBA), has stepped aside due to...
International Boxing Association (AIBA) has retained McLaren Sport Solution (MGSS), led by Professor Richard McLaren,...