Demonising Justin Gatlin
13th September 2015
• Nine Authorised Neutral Athletes (ANA) will be competing at the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) World U20 Championships Tampere, which takes place 10-15 July. The athletes are Aleksey Fadeyev; Nikolay Orlov; Stepan Kevin; Polina Miller; Mariya Kochanova; Alina Sharkova; Yelizaveta Bondarenko; Aksana Gataullina; and Diana Adasko. To download the full entry list, click here. The Russian Athletics Federation (RusAF) has also announced that 15 of its athletes have been approved to take part in the IAAF U18 World Championships in Gyor, Hungary, from 5-8 July. Yesterday, the IAAF announced that 67 of 199 Russian applications (33.7%) to compete as ANAs had been approved for 2018, including the above U18 and U20 entires.
• The US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed English mixed martial arts athlete Bradley Scott about a potential anti-doping policy violation, the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) announced. Scott stated on Twitter that the potential violation is an ‘honest mistake’, and said that he would issue a statement before the end of the week.
— Bradley Scott (@Bradleyscott89) July 4, 2018
• The Adjudicatory Chamber of the Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) of the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) has confirmed that it will review the case of Paris Saint-Germain. The Investigatory Body of the CFCB closed its investigation into the French club last month, concluding that ‘the break-even result of the club remains within acceptable deviation for the financial years ending in 2015, 2016 and 2017’. However, it added that ‘the financial impact of transfer activities as from the 2017 summer – up to and including the upcoming transfer window – and compliance with the break-even requirement for the 2018 financial year will remain under close scrutiny and will be thoroughly looked at in the coming weeks’.
• Shot-putter Inderjeet Singh has been sanctioned with a four year ban by India’s national anti-doping agency (NADA India), reports the Times of India. It is understood that Singh’s sanction will be backdated to 25 July 2016, the date his provisional suspension commenced, which will rule him out of qualification for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
• Nigerian hudler Glory Onome Nathaniel has been sanctioned with a four year ban for...
The Disciplinary Tribunal of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) has dismissed María Guadalupe...
The Swiss public prosecutor’s office (Bundesanwaltschaft) is to hold a media conference at 3:30pm (CET)...