Demonising Justin Gatlin
13th September 2015
• Swiss cyclist Kevin Winter has been sanctioned with a four year ban for an anti-doping rule violation (ADRV) involving methenolone, stanozolol and testosterone, Anti-Doping Switzerland announced. Winter’s ban runs from 6 May 2019, the date of his provisional suspension, following a January 2019 out of competition adverse analytical finding (AAF). Winter blamed supplements, but did not have any evidence to prove how the prohibited substances ended up in his system.
• The Sports Tribunal of New Zealand (STNZ) has sanctioned John Elsmore, a champion surf life saver, with a nine month ban after he returned an adverse analytical finding (AAF) for a metabolite of cannabis. ‘The prohibited substance was taken at a social event and Mr Elsmore had been able to establish no significant fault or negligence’, reads the Full Decision. ‘The prohibited substance was also not taken to enhance his sporting performance’. As a result of Elsmore’s anti-doping rule violation (ADRV), the Lyall Bay Surf Life Saving Club will be stripped of its victory in the Long Course Surf Canoe event at the March 2020 Surf Life Saving Nationals.
• The International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) has provisionally suspended Tatiyana Aleeva, after the Russian returned an adverse analytical finding (AAF) for a metabolite of dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (DHCMT). The IWF also announced that it has provisionally suspended Belarusian Maksim Mudreuski for a violation of Article 2.2 of its Anti-Doping Policy, which covers use or attempted use of a prohibited substance.
• Moroccan marathon runner El Mahjoub Dazza has been sanctioned with a four year ban from 10 January 2020, due to irregularities in his Athlete Biological Passport (ABP). Click here for the Full Decision (in French).
Lamine Diack, former President of World Athletics, has been sentenced to four years in prison,...
• The international automobile federation (FIA) is investigating Lewis Hamilton for wearing a t-shirt highlighting...
The United Nations has questioned why the trial of Iranian wrestler Navid Afkari was conducted...