Demonising Justin Gatlin
13th September 2015
• The Anti-Doping Agency of Serbia (ADAS) has announced that the country’s handball federation (PCC) has sanctioned Boban Zivkovik of Železničar 1949 with a four year ban from 28 November 2018 for an anti-doping rule violation (ADRV). Zivkovik returned an adverse analytical finding (AAF) for cocaine on 13 May 2018.
• Wolfgang Pichler, former coach of Russia’s biathlon team, has provided evidence to the International Biathlon Union (IBU) that Dr. Grigory Rodchenkov, former Director of the Moscow and Sochi 2014 Laboratories, lied about Russian doping, reports State news agency TASS. Pichler was banned from the PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics due to his involvement with Russian athletes sanctioned for doping – specifically, Jana Romanova, Olga Vilukhina and Olga Zaitseva. All three have since appealed their bans to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), however a date for hearings has yet to be set.
• An Indian weightlifter who returned an adverse analytical finding (AAF) for exogenous testosterone has been allowed to return to competition due to an administrative mistake, reports InsideTheGames. Khumukcham Sanjita Chanu appealed to the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF), which provisionally suspended her on 13 May last year, after her B sample confirmed an AAF for exogenous testosterone. It is understood that her sample was given different numbers in documentation produced by the IWF, meaning that her legal team were able to request the lifting of her provisional suspension. It is understood that the case is ongoing. Chanu won Gold in the 53kg category at the Glasgow 2014 and Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games.
• The Sports Authority of India (SAI) has suspended four officials arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) last week on charges of corruption, reports the Indian Express. The SAI officials alleged to be involved in corruption are Sanjeev Sharma (Director), VK Sharma (Upper Division Clerk), Harinder Prasad (Junior Accounts Officer) and Lalit Jolly (Dealing Hand, who was previously Laundry Supervisor), reports the newspaper.
• Team and individual medals from the European Jumping Championships for Young Riders, Fontainebleau, July 2018 have been reallocated after a British horse tested positive, the international equestrian federation (FEI) has announced. Harry Charles’ horse Vivaldi du Dom tested positive to Lidocaine, a controlled medication but not a banned substance under the FEI’s Equine Anti-Doping and Controlled Medication Regulations (EADCMRs). As a result, Germany has been promoted to team Gold and Great Britain drops to team Silver. German athlete Cedric Wolf is now promoted to individual Gold with his horse Cho Chang J, Austria’s Felix Koller and Captain Future 3 move up to Silver, and the Dutch combination of Tristan Marchal and Sambucca will receive individual Bronze.
• Austrian triathlete Emanuel Marcel Moser has been sanctioned with an eight year ban. ‘Taking...
ZDF Sport has refuted allegations that its journalists were duped into reporting allegations of Kenyan...
Snixer Sports has sent a legal notice to the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB), after the...