Demonising Justin Gatlin
13th September 2015
• Ursula Papandrea will serve as Interim President of the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF), after Tamás Aján stepped aside as President following an IWF Executive Board meeting in Doha, USA Weightlifting confirmed. Aján has agreed to step aside whilst allegations of corruption are investigated by a group of independent experts appointed by the IWF Executive Board. An interim Report will be provided to the IWF Executive Board meetings and Congress, which is scheduled to take place in Bucharest from 11-13 March, a statement confirmed.
• The international swimming federation (FINA) has confirmed that three swimmers have been sanctioned for anti-doping rule violations. Nicolas Martin Caulela Magnani of Uruguay has been sanctioned with a four year ban after returning an adverse analytical finding (AAF) for erythropoietin (EPO), FINA announced. Sahil Pawar returned an adverse analytical finding (AAF) for methandienone at the Khelo India Youth Games on 14 January and has been sanctioned with a four year ban, FINA announced. The Slovak swimming federation sanctioned Juraj Hlavek with a two year ban after he returned an AAF for methylhexanamine on 16 June 2019, FINA announced.
• The Lithuanian football association (LFF) suspected that 24 matches were fixed during 2019, it told a meeting designed to combat sporting fraud convened by the government’s Gambling supervision authority (LPT). The meeting discussed ways in which sport and regulatory authorities can cooperate to share information about betting related sports fraud.
• Denise Betsema has told a press conference that the International Cycling Union (UCI) accepted her explanation that an adverse analytical finding (AAF) for anabolic steroids was caused by a contaminated supplement, reports CyclingWeekly. On Monday, the UCI announced that her six month ban had expired on 4 October last year.
• Barnsley has confirmed that the Football Association has notified the English Football League Championship club that it is investigating a potential anti-doping rule violation (ADRV) by Bambo Diaby. The player has been provisionally suspended, and the club has declined to comment further.
Sun Yang is to appeal an eight year ban issued by the Court of Arbitration...
The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) acknowledges the decision of the Cycling Australia (CA) to...
As entrusted by Mr. Sun Yang, Mr. Zhang Qihuai, Attorney of Beijing Lanpeng Law Firm,...