The trouble with Ostarine: Jimmy Wallhead’s
16th March 2018
• The Swiss Sports Parliament passed the new Swiss Olympic Doping Statute on 20 November, which mandates free legal assistance for athletes accused of an anti-doping rule violation (ADRV). The Statute is binding for all associations affiliated with the Swiss Olympic Committee (SOV). The main changes are summarised by Anti-Doping Switzerland, and also include a new offence allowing those who prevent the reporting of anti-doping rule violations (ADRVs) to be sanctioned.
• Evgeny Ustyugov (Евгений Устюгов) has filed an appeal against a Court of Arbitration for Sport Anti-Doping Division (CAS ADD) Decision which found him guilty of use of a prohibited substance in the 2010-2014 period based on analysis of his Athlete Biological Passport (ABP). Alexei Panich, lawyer for the former Russian biathlete, confirmed the appeal to RIA Novosti.
• Powerlifter Luigi Corti has been provisionally suspended after returning an adverse analytical finding (AAF) for a metabolite of oxymetholone, Italy’s national anti-doping agency (NADO Italia) has announced. Corti returned his AAF at the Senior Men’s Italian Classic on 25 October.
• Masters race walker Georgeta Muresan has been provisionally suspended after returning an adverse analytical finding (AAF) for Betamethasone, Italy’s national anti-doping agency (NADO Italia) announced. Muresan returned her AAF at the Italian Masters Championships on 10 October.
• The UEFA Foundation For Children has allocated €4.8 million to 55 projects and three new pitch constructions, it announced on 18 November. 55 projects were selected for financial support from the UEFA Foundation for Children: 24 in Europe; 16 in Africa; eight in America, six in Asia; and one in Oceania.
• The International Paralympic Committee (IPC), Loughborough University, and the University of Malawi Chancellor College have teamed up in a £1.89 million project aiming to overcome stigma and discrimination against persons with disabilities in Africa. The project – Para Sport Against Stigma – will investigate the use of Para sport as a catalyst for change in attitudes about disability and assistive technology (AT) in Ghana, Malawi and Zambia.
• Tests Violate Rights, Ruin Lives • Women athletes, largely from the Global South, are...
• Rinaldo Nocentini, a former professional cyclist and holder of the yellow jersey in the...
Five people have been charged with being involved in match-fixing in Swedish football, the country’s...