The trouble with Ostarine: Jimmy Wallhead’s
16th March 2018
• The Russian Anti-Doping Agency (RUSADA) has announced that three athletes have been sanctioned for anti-doping rule violations (ADRVs). Powerlifter Nikolay Bulatov has been issued with a four-year ban from 1 October 2015 and powerlifter Fedor Klyukina has been issued with a two-year ban from the same date. It also announced that the Russian Skating Union has disqualified Alexandra Malkova for three months from 26 April 2016, which means that her ban has already expired.
• The Polish anti-doping agency (PANDA) has claimed that the two adverse analytical findings (AAF) for morphine it has recorded this year may have been created by ingestion of poppy seeds. PANDA uses this US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) statement as evidence for its claim.
• Rangers player Joey Barton is under investigation for breaching the Scottish Football Association’s (SFA) rules on betting, reports the Daily Telegraph. SFA rules ban betting on any type of football game. The SFA and Great Britain’s Gambling Commission declined to comment.
• US District Judge Pamela Chen set a 6 November 2017 trial date for seven former FIFA officials and one former marketing executive accused of being involved in corruption at the international football federation, reports Reuters.
• USADA’s Play Clean Tip Center Provides Secure, Anonymous Option for Thousands in Sport The...
Eight athletes from five countries, competing in seven sports were involved in anti-doping procedures announced...