Demonising Justin Gatlin
13th September 2015
• Female footballers Eniola Aluko and Lianne Sanderson gave evidence to the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) Committee of the UK Parliament in a four hour session examining the governance of football yesterday. Aluko agreed a financial settlement with the FA after she was not selected for the England women’s team after making allegations of bullying and harassment against England team manager Mark Sampson. Her written evidence to yesterday’s inquiry (video below) is available here; and the Football Association’s written evidence is available here.
• Italy’s national anti-doping organisation (NADO Italia) has announced that volleyball player Bruna Ana Vrankovic has been sanctioned with a two year ban from 22 September. It is understood that the Croatian player, who plays for an Italian team, tested positive on 15 April during the Sab Grima Legnano vs. Golem Software Palmi A2 volleyball championship match.
• The Russian Athletics Federation (RusAF) has sanctioned three individuals with anti-doping rule violations (ADRVs), reports RusAthletics.com. Shot putter Maksim Sidorov was sanctioned with a one year ban after testing positive for indapamine; race walker Alexey Bartsaykin was sanctioned with a four year ban due to abnormalities in his athlete biological passport (ABP); and coach Valery Volkov was sanctioned with a four year ban for ‘complicity’. RusAthletics.com was RusAF’s official site until earlier this year.
• Former Manly Sea Eagles player Brett Stewart has won a defamation action against News Limited over an article linking him to match-fixing allegations, reports the Sydney Morning Herald. The article, which was taken down after a few hours, reported that the rugby league player was considering a move to France following conversations with management about match-fixing allegations levelled against the club.
• A track and field athlete and a volleyball player have been sanctioned for doping,...
The Belarusian athletics federation (BFLA) has appointed Ivan Tsikhan (Иван Тихон) as its new President,...
Overview On 4 September ESIC announced an investigation into the historical abuse of a bug...