Demonising Justin Gatlin
13th September 2015
• The Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) updated its list of sanctioned cyclists yesterday. The list is available by clicking here.
• Russian bank VTB (pictured) has formally asked the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and its Independent Commission to retract its claims that a US$25 million sponsorship deal agreed with the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) was suspicious, reports Omnisport. The claim was made in the second part of the WADA Independent Commission report, released on 14 January. VTB initially threatened legal action in January, as reported by the Sports Integrity Initiative.
• Finland’s customs authority yesterday announced it has seized a large amount of doping substances entering the country from Estonia during an investigation that has been continuing since May last year. The customs authority said that the total value of the doping substances seized is €230,000 and that they included anabolic steroids and growth hormone. In addition, a large amount of illegal drugs were seized.
• The Nevada Athletic Commission has reduced a lifetime ban it imposed for evading a drug test to three years, following an appeal by mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter Wanderlei Silva, reports MMA Weekly.
• Prosecutors have raided the offices of the Korean Swimming Federation (KSF), which is suspected of forging documents and syphoning off expenses by the Korean Republic’s Ministry of Culture, reports the BBC.
Three of seven Russian athletes found to be working with banned coach Vladimir Kazarin (Владимиром...