Demonising Justin Gatlin
13th September 2015
• Carina Horn has been provisionally suspended after returning an adverse analytical finding (AAF) for Ibutamoren and LGD-4033, the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) confirmed. Horn is the first female South African to run under 11 seconds in the 100m, with a time of 10:98. As such, she was expected to be part of the South African team at the Doha 2019 IAAF World Championships.
The AIU confirms a Provisional Suspension against South African sprinter Carina Horn for the Presence of a Prohibited Substance, a violation of the @iaaforg Anti-Doping Rules.
Find out more ⬇https://t.co/opInfkVlnV#CleanSport #AIUNews pic.twitter.com/ztn1KVC9hd
— Athletics Integrity Unit (@aiu_athletics) September 16, 2019
• A basketball player, cyclist and an American footballer have been sanctioned for violations of anti-doping rules, reports Italy’s national anti-doping agency (NADO Italia). Chiara Cantone has been sanctioned with a one year ban from 16 September 2019. The basketball player was provisionally suspended in February, after returning an adverse analytical finding for clostebol whilst she was a member of Italy’s u18 team. The anabolic steroid is used in certain dermatological creams, one of which was the reason Norwegian skier Therese Johaug missed the PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics after applying such a cream to treat blistered lips. Nunzia Chirieleison was also sanctioned with a one year ban from 16 September. The Masters rowing athlete was provisionally suspended in March after returning an AAF for betamethasone. American footballer Diego Pilati was also sanctioned with a four year ban from 23 February.
• A report commissioned by football authorities into beoutQ has found that the pirate broadcaster has been transmitting football matches ‘using satellite infrastructure owned and operated by Arabsat’, a joint statement announced. The football authorities ‘call on Arabsat and all other satellite providers to stop (and going forward agree to refrain from) providing a platform for piracy’, the statement continued. A website owned by BeIN Sports accuses the State of Saudi Arabia of pirating its content. Saudi Arabia is the largest shareholder in Arabsat. However, there are also questions regarding links between the Qatar State and BeIN Sports. The full Report is available below.
• The Anti-Corruption Unit (ACU) of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has filed a report with police against two individuals for an alleged attempt at match-fixing, reports The Hindu. It is understood that the report is based on an approach made to a member of the Indian women’s team during a February limited overs series against England, which formed part of the ICC’s World Championships.
The Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) has today charged the Russian Athletics Federation (RusAF) with serious...
• The international cycling union (UCI) has sanctioned Sergey Shatovkin with a four year ban...
The international swimming federation (FINA) incorrectly sanctioned Hiromasa Fujimori with a two year ban, because...