The trouble with Ostarine: Jimmy Wallhead’s
16th March 2018
• Amnesty International has urged Qatar to reveal the whereabouts of Malcolm Bidali, an activist supporting the rights of migrant workers, two days after FIFA issued a statement proclaiming that a meeting had ‘clarified facts’ about ‘important progress’ made regarding migrant and human rights. On 12 May, after receiving a letter from Amnesty and its partners, Qatar confirmed that Bidali has been detained and is under investigation for violating its security laws and regulations. Qatar is hosting the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
• Andrea Antoni has been sanctioned with a six year ban expiring on 2 March 2027, Italy’s anti-doping agency (NADO Italia) announced. The cyclist was provisionally suspended in March after returning an adverse analytical finding (AAF) for recombinant erythropoietin (rEPO), testosterone and its metabolites at the ‘7th Trofeo Paradise’ in Monsano on 7 February.
• Two Russian weightlifters have been sanctioned with bans for anti-doping rule violations (ADRVs), the Russian Anti-Doping Agency (RUSADA) announced. Eduard Ananian (Эдуарда Ананяна), who took fourth place in the 2013 IWF World Youth Championships, has been sanctioned with a four year ban from 19 May 2020 after testing positive for a prohibited substance. Ekaterina Kozlovskaya (Екатерину Козловскую) has been sanctioned with a three year ban from 7 April 2021 for possession of a prohibited substance.
• The Oversight and Anti-Corruption Authority of Saudi Arabia has arrested 138 people, including employees working for its Ministry of Sport, after investigating corruption, it announced in a statement.
• Brazilian weightlifter Nathasha Rosa Figueiredo has returned an adverse anaytical finding (AAF) for hydrochlorothiazide, the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) announced. The AAF was the result of a 31 March test, and was acknowledged by the Brazilian weightlifting federation (CBLP). Figueiredo finished fourth in the 49kg category at the Lima 2019 Pan American Games.
• International football players’ organisation FIFPro is assisting female Argentinean players with a complaint to the FIFA Ethics Committee about alleged sexual harassment involving a coach, it announced in a statement.
• The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has dismissed a second appeal by Dayana Yastremska to lift her provisional suspension, the International Tennis Federation (ITF) has announced. The Ukrainian returned an adverse analytical finding (AAF) for a metabolite of mesterolone on 24 November 2020, but denies intentionally doping and argues that contamination is possible. In February, the CAS rejected a previous appeal to lift her provisional suspension.
A tennis player has been sanctioned with a 20 month ban for an anti-doping rule...
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has issued its decision in the appeal arbitration...
Sixteen athletes from eight countries, competing in two closely connected sports, were involved in anti-doping...