Demonising Justin Gatlin
13th September 2015
• Andressa de Morais, who won a Silver Medal in the discus at the Lima 2019 Pan American Games, has been provisionally suspended after returning an adverse analytical finding (AAF) for SARM S22, the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) has announced. In an instagram post, the Brazilian appeared to argue that she is not at fault for the AAF by quoting chapters from the Bible.
View this post on Instagram
Posso falar sobre o trofeu Brasil? 🤫 O que Deus sabe ao meu respeito é o que me define ❤️ Daniel versículo 6. Cap 4 a 5. 4 Então os presidentes e os príncipes procuravam achar ocasião contra Daniel a respeito do reino; mas não podiam achar ocasião ou culpa alguma; porque ele era fiel, e não se achava nele nenhum erro nem culpa. 5 Então estes homens disseram: Nunca acharemos ocasião alguma contra este Daniel, se não a acharmos contra ele na lei do seu Deus. Grata ao @ecpinheiros @marinhaoficial #bolsaatleta @adidas @atletismo.brasil @timebrasil @farmaciacentral.emanipulacao @dr.thiagosantolim @nutrivial @nutrimagrini @axigramlaboratorio FAMÍLIA 🥰 📸 @wcarmo14
• The Serbian Association of American Football (SAAF) has sanctioned two athletes after they returned adverse analytical findings (AAFs) for Carboxy THC (cannabis). Joseph Khalil Bergeron of the SBB Vukovi team and Aleksa Stevanovic of the Divji Veprovi team have both been sanctioned with six month bans, the Anti-Doping Agency of Serbia (ADAS) announced.
• Yerry Mina has been sanctioned with a £10,000 fine by England’s Football Association (FA) and has been warned as to his future conduct, after appearing in an advert for Colombian betting company, Betjuego. The FA said that the Everton player had breached FA Rule E8(3), which prohibits players from engaging in advertisements for betting. Click here to download the FA’s decision.
• Police have arrested two people, including a player agent, as part of an international operation against money laundering and corruption in football, reports AP. It is understood that the agent was arrested in Belgium’s Liege area and is suspected of collecting undue commission on player transfers. Agents – or ‘intermediaries’, as FIFA’s Regulations term them – earned US$529.3 in commission from player transfers during the last transfer window, reports InsideWorldFootball.
• A hearing into Briana Williams’ adverse analytical finding (AAF) is to be held from 23-25 September, reports the Jamaica Observer. It is understood that the world U20 champion in the 100m and 200m returned an AAF for a banned diuretic at the Jamaican Athletics Administrative Association (JAAA) National Championships from 20-23 June, and argues that use an over the counter cold medication could have resulted in her AAF.
The Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) has today charged the Russian Athletics Federation (RusAF) with serious...
• The international cycling union (UCI) has sanctioned Sergey Shatovkin with a four year ban...
The international swimming federation (FINA) incorrectly sanctioned Hiromasa Fujimori with a two year ban, because...