The trouble with Ostarine: Jimmy Wallhead’s
16th March 2018
• Italy’s national anti-doping agency (NADO Italia) has sanctioned seven people with lengthly bans for anti-doping rule violations (ADRVs). Four people unaffiliated to an Italian sporting federation have been sanctioned with bans ranging from 10 to 20 years for trafficking prohibited substances. Filippo Sauro and Andrea Sauro were both sanctioned with a 20 year bans expiring on 30 May 2041; Michele Ricco and Rocco Bernardi were sanctioned with a 15 year bans expiring on 6 June 2036; and Pietro Sassi was sanctioned with a ten year ban for use or attempted use of a prohibited substance, possession, and trafficking. Giovanni Saccone was sanctioned with a nine year ban expiring on 18 May 2030. He is registered with the Italian agency for culture and sport (AICS), and was also sanctioned for use or attempted use of a prohibited substance, and possession of a prohibited substance. In addition, Davide Lipardi was sanctioned with an eight year ban expiring on 16 January 2032 for use or attempted use of a prohibited substance, possession, and for multiple violations.
• Shayna Jack’s appeal against a two year ban issued by the international swimming federation (FINA) due to an anti-doping rule violation (ADRV) involving Ligradol will be heard on 28-29 June, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) announced. The CAS will hear two cases – Jack’s appeal (CAS 2020/A/7579) and an appeal lodged by Sport Integrity Australia (CAS 2020/A/7580). Click here for a summary of her case.
• Debora Georgieva (ебора Георгиева), the 2020 Bulgarian Sambo champion in the 48kg category, has been sanctioned with a four year ban expiring on 15 March 2025. The latest List of Sanctioned Athletes published by the Bulgarian anti-doping centre (BADC) reveals that she returned an adverse analytical finding (AAF) for amphetamine.
• Tennis player Yana Sizikova (Яна Сизикова) plans to file a defamation suit against the prosecutor’s office in Nanterre, France, reports Russian State news agency Tass. Sizikova was released 24 hours after being detained as part of an investigation into match-fixing.
• The confederation of South American football (CONMEBOL) conducted anti-doping tests on all of the players taking part in the Copa América 2021, which takes place from 13 June to 10 July. CONMEBOL announced that it has tested 279 players from the ten participating teams, which are permitted a maximum playing squad of 28 players.
• Three Belgian tennis players – Romain Barbosa, Arthur de Greef and Alex Witmeur – have been provisionally suspended by the International Tennis Integrity Agency (ITIA) as part of an ongoing investigation into match-fixing. A statement highlighted that a criminal investigation is also underway.
• Online bookings for this event are now closed. If you would like to attend...
• Hamane Niang, President of the international basketball federation (FIBA), has stepped aside due to...
International Boxing Association (AIBA) has retained McLaren Sport Solution (MGSS), led by Professor Richard McLaren,...