The trouble with Ostarine: Jimmy Wallhead’s
16th March 2018
• The Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) of World Athletics has appealed a Sport Resolutions Panel Decision to clear Salwa Eid Naser of two anti-doping rule violations (ADRVs) to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), it announced on Twitter (below). On 14 October, the Panel dismissed two ADRVs based on four alleged ‘whereabouts’ failures asserted by the AIU. The Panel disagreed that a test attempt on 12 April 2019 constituted a ‘Missed Test’, and therefore Eid Naser hadn’t committed three ‘whereabouts’ failures in 12 months. Under the Code, any combination of three missed tests and/or filing failures within 12 months by an athlete who is part of a Registered Testing Pool (RTP) is considered an ADRV.
The AIU has submitted an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) against the Disciplinary Tribunal's decision to dismiss the charges against Salwa Eid Naser (BRN) for Whereabouts failures. #AIUNews pic.twitter.com/90zRdqiyJh
— Athletics Integrity Unit (@aiu_athletics) November 12, 2020
• The interim President of the Bolivian football federation (FBF) has been detained by police at Thursday’s Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifier, reports Reuters. Marco Rodriguez, one of two FBF Vice Presidents, was appointed interim President after the death of FBF President César Salinas from Covid-19 in July. It is understood that Rodriguez’s appointment was opposed by the FBF’s other Vice President, Roberto Blanco, who received a court ruling ordering the removal of Rodriguez. It is understood that Rodriguez failed to comply, arguing that recourse to ordinary courts of law is prohibited by FIFA Statutes.
• A total of 20 sanctions were reported to the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) of World Athletics during October. Three athletes from Pakistan and Kenya were sanctioned; two from France, Lesotho, and South Africa; and one from Australia, Bahrain, Belarus, Germany, Romania, Sweden, Ukraine, and the USA. The Full List is included below.
• Tests Violate Rights, Ruin Lives • Women athletes, largely from the Global South, are...
• Rinaldo Nocentini, a former professional cyclist and holder of the yellow jersey in the...
Five people have been charged with being involved in match-fixing in Swedish football, the country’s...