The trouble with Ostarine: Jimmy Wallhead’s
16th March 2018
USADA announced today that Luis Gallardo, of White Plains, N.Y., an athlete in the sport of weightlifting, has received a four-year suspension for an anti-doping rule violation. Gallardo, 37, tested positive for multiple substances as the result of an in-competition urine sample collected at the USA Masters Weightlifting Championships on March 21, 2021. The substances below are prohibited under the USADA Protocol for Olympic and Paralympic Movement Testing, the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee National Anti-Doping Policy, and the International Weightlifting Federation Anti-Doping Rules, all of which have adopted the World Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Agency Prohibited List.
1. A long-term metabolite of oxymetholone (18-nor-17β-hydroxymethyl-17α-methyl-2α-methyl-5α-androst-13-en-3-one), a Non-Specified Substance in the class of Anabolic Agents
2. A long-term metabolite of dehydrochloromethyltestosterone (DHCMT) or oral turinabol (4-chloro-18-nor-17β-hydroxymethyl-17α-methyl-5α-androst-13-en-3α-ol), a Non-Specified Substance in the class of Anabolic Agents
3. Arimistane (Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione) and its metabolite, arimistane glucuronide, both Specified Substances in the class of Hormone and Metabolic Modulators
4. Torasemide, a Specified Substance in the class of Diuretics and Masking Agents
Gallardo’s four-year period of ineligibility began on April 15, 2021, the date his provisional suspension was imposed. In addition, Gallardo has been disqualified from all competitive results obtained on and subsequent to March 21, 2021, the date his positive sample was collected, including forfeiture of any medals, points and prizes.
• This media release was published by the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) on 3 June 2021. Click here for the original.
• Online bookings for this event are now closed. If you would like to attend...
International Boxing Association (AIBA) has retained McLaren Sport Solution (MGSS), led by Professor Richard McLaren,...