Demonising Justin Gatlin
13th September 2015
Queensland Racing Integrity Commission (QRIC) Stewards have disqualified a Brisbane greyhound racing Trainer for life on corruption, match fixing and drugs breaches. The QRIC imposed an interim suspension of Victor Osborn’s licence to train in February last year pending the outcome of Queensland Racing Crime Squad criminal charges against him.
Mr Osborn was prosecuted in the Brisbane Magistrates Court in August last year after he pleaded guilty to five criminal offences under the Criminal Code, the Drugs Misuse Act, the Health (drugs and poisons) Regulation and the Racing Integrity Act. QRIC Stewards concluded an Inquiry on 15 May 2020 in Mr Osborn’s absence after several failed attempts to contact him.
Mr Osborn was found guilty of three breaches of the rules of racing:
• GAR 86(o) On 16 January 2019 and 3 February 2019 Mr Osborn had in the opinion of Stewards done a thing that is corrupt, in approaching a Brisbane Greyhound Racing Club employee, with the intent to procure them to engage in match-fixing.
• GAR 86(q) On 16 January 2019 and 3 February 2019 Mr Osborn engaged in conduct that was detrimental to the interest, welfare, image, control and promotion of greyhound racing.
• GAR 79A(7) On 4 February 2019, Mr Osborn was found to have in his possession at his registered address, the permanently banned substance Myo-Inositol Trispyrophosphate (ITPP).
Stewards handed down two life disqualifications and a five year disqualification noting the moral abhorrence and seriousness of his conduct which jeopardised racing integrity.
• This media release was published by the Queensland Racing Integrity Commission (QRIC) on 1 June 2020. Click here for the original.
The Queensland Racing Integrity Commission (QRIC) has today charged 13 thoroughbred trainers, 1 stable hand...
The Queensland Racing Integrity Commission (QRIC) Stewards have commenced an Inquiry into a Mackay Thoroughbred...
• Bord na gCon publishes Anti-Doping and Medication Control Programme arising from Morris Review of...