Demonising Justin Gatlin
13th September 2015
The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has found nine individuals – eight players/former players as well as one players’ agent – guilty of having been involved in match manipulation in violation of art. 69 par. 1 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code (Unlawfully influencing match results). The following individuals have been banned from taking part in any kind of football-related activity at both national and international level (administrative, sports or any other) for life:
• Mr Karlon Murray, Trinidad and Tobago
• Mr Keyeno Thomas, Trinidad and Tobago
• Mr Hellings Mwakasungula, Malawi
• Mr Ibrahim Kargbo, Sierra Leone
• Mr Kudzanai Shaba, Zimbabwe
• Mr Séïdath Tchomogo, Benin
• Mr Leonel Duarte, Cuba
• Mr Mohammad Salim Israfeel Kohistani, Afghanistan
Moreover, the Kenyan player Mr George Owino Audi has been banned from taking part in any kind of football-related activity at both national and international level (administrative, sports or any other) for a period of ten (10) years. In addition, a fine in the amount of CHF 15,000 has been imposed upon him.
The formal disciplinary proceedings into the aforementioned individuals stemmed from an extensive investigation into various international matches that Mr Wilson Raj Perumal attempted to manipulate for betting purposes. This large-scale investigation was conducted by FIFA over several years through its Integrity Department and in cooperation with the relevant stakeholders and authorities. The decisions were notified to the individuals concerned today, the date on which the relevant bans come into force.
• This media release was published by the international federation of football associations (FIFA) on 24 February 2019. Click here for the original.
• Athlete leaders cite earlier concerns raised over independence and transparency • Additional information reveals...
• Brazilian club Atletico Paranaense announced that an internal investigation has confirmed that adverse analytical...
The Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service (MPTS) has yet to agree a new hearing date with...