Demonising Justin Gatlin
13th September 2015
• The Norwegian Olympic team has taken over 6,000 doses of asthma medication to the PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics, reports NRK. The broadcaster reported that the 109 athletes and 100 person support team have access to 52 different drugs and ten nebuliser devices. Last month, an article in Norwegian newspaper Verde Gang, featured the Norwegian cross-country ski team doctor, Petter Olberg, who claimed that between 50% and 70% of the team suffer with asthma. The Norwegian Olympic Committee (NIF) has yet to comment on the reports.
• British Olympic boxer Muhammad Ali has been sanctioned with a two year ban after testing positive for trenbolone in October last year. The BBC reports that Ali has reached a ‘settlement agreement’ with the International Boxing Association (AIBA).
They've said it themselves just gotta live & learn move on and get ready to smash whatever is next pic.twitter.com/HmcciGWXlc
— muhammad ali (@malijnr1996) February 7, 2018
• Former USA Gymnastics coach John Geddert is under investigation after complaints were made against him, the Eaton County Sheriff’s Office told Reuters. Geddert ran a gymnastics centre called Twistars, where athletes complained that Geddert pushed them beyond their breaking points.
• The International Federation of Football Associations (FIFA) is investigating footballers Ruslan Kambolov and Ivan Knyazev, Russia’s Deputy Prime Minister Vitaly Mutko told Russian State news agency TASS. It is understood that in September 2016, FIFA requested data from the Football Union of Russia (FUR) regarding 11 footballers listed in the Independent Person Report produced for the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) by Richard McLaren.
• Former Russian Deputy Minister for Sport, Yuri Nagornykh (Юрием Нагорных), spoke to students at...
The Anti-Doping Division of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) that was created for...
Three Thai chair umpires, Anucha Tongplew, Apisit Promchai and Chitchai Srililai, have been banned for...