Demonising Justin Gatlin
13th September 2015
• Police in Brazil have raided the headquarters of the Brazilian Olympic committee (COB) over allegations that the vote to appoint the host of the 2016 Olympic Games was rigged, reports The Independent. It is understood that the news was reported via TV Globo, and Brazil’s Federal Police has confirmed that a number of arrest warrants were issued, however a statement has yet to be issued.
• Spain’s professional football league (LFP) has welcomed UEFA’s decision to open an investigation into whether Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) has breached its Financial Fair Play (FFP) Regulations. The LFP said that it had sent UEFA two separate letters asking it to investigate the infringement of FFP Regulations by PSG and Manchester City on 22 August. ‘The financials of both clubs have no basis in the realities of the market’, read an LFP statement. ‘Specifically, both PSG and Man City benefit from sponsorships that make no economic sense and lack any fair value’.
• A medalist at the South East Asia (SEA) Games Kuala Lumpur 2017 has returned an adverse analytical finding (AAF) for a prohibited substance, reports The Star. The athlete’s B sample has yet to be tested, and it has yet to be confirmed if an anti-doping rule violation (ADRV) has been committed.
• The Doping Authority of the Netherlands (DA) has developed a free application designed to help athletes identify whether there are any prohibited substances in supplements. The DA claims states that over 60% of people involved in regular exercise in the Netherlands use supplements, as well as many elite athletes.
• Former Russian Deputy Minister for Sport, Yuri Nagornykh (Юрием Нагорных), spoke to students at...
The Anti-Doping Division of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) that was created for...
Three Thai chair umpires, Anucha Tongplew, Apisit Promchai and Chitchai Srililai, have been banned for...