Demonising Justin Gatlin
13th September 2015
• The Polish Anti-Doping Agency (POLADA) has warned that laboratory analysis of Fenix Ground Zero, which describes itself as a fat burner, has revealed the presence of higenamine and phenethylamine. Higenamine is listed as a beta-2 agonist and phenethylamine as a stimulant on the World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA) Prohibited List, .
• Italy’s National Anti-Doping Agency (NADO Italia) has sanctioned three people unconnected to national sporting associations with two year bans. Massimo Venturelli, Massimiliano Cerrini and Luca Costantini have been sanctioned with two year bans expiring on 20 September 2019. All three statements describe the athletes as ‘not affiliated’.
• Panadura Sports Club has told journalists that it is considering legal action after Sri Lanka Cricket charged it with ‘misconduct and not playing to the spirit of the game’ earlier this week, reports local news source The Island. Club captain, Chamara Silva, was suspended for two years whilst all other club players and coaches were suspended for one year.
• UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) is seeking a Head of Communications and a Communications Manager. For more information on the first role, click here for a job description. For more information on the second role, click here.
• Athlone Town player Jason Lyons has been sanctioned with a seven game ban for breaking the Football Association of Ireland’s (FAI) rules on betting, reports the Irish Independent. It is understood that the ban has no connections to the bans issued to two Athlone Town players for match-fixing on 7 September.
• Anti-doping Switzerland has appointed Ernst König to succeed Matthias Kamber as Director General from Spring 2018.
In 2011, when he was just 16, William Brothers was named as Canadian Youth Swimmer...
Italy’s national anti-doping agency has announced that five athletes, including three cyclists, have been sanctioned...