Demonising Justin Gatlin
13th September 2015
• Els Van Hoof, an MP with Belgium’s Christian democrat party (CD&V), has introduced a Bill that if passed, would ban regulated gambling operators from offering odds on youth sports competitions. “Youth competitions usually take place far away from the cameras”, said Van Hoof in a statement. “Because they remain under the radar, the door is open to corrupt practices such as bribery and match-fixing. Youth sport should be a place where fun can be had in sport and games, away from the risks of online gambling”.
• The Anti-Corruption Tribunal of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has sanctioned Nasir Jamshed with a ten year ban, after he was implicated in the PCB’s inquiry into an international syndicate it believed was attempting to corrupt the opening game of the 2017 Pakistan Super League (PSL) in Dubai. The PCB has yet to announce the reasoning behind the sanction. In December last year, the PCB Tribunal imposed a one year ban on Jamshed for failing to cooperate with the PCB’s Anti-Corruption Unit (ACU).
Anti Corruption Case Update: Cricketer Nasir Jamshed banned for 10 years by Anti Corruption Tribunal.
Details to follow.
— PCB Media (@TheRealPCBMedia) August 17, 2018
• Basketball New Zealand has referred a case of suspected match-fixing to the police, reports Newshub. It is understood that the referral follows an investigation by the Totalisator Agency Board (TAB) – the government operated betting agency – into betting on the country’s National Basketball League (NBL).
• Ten adverse analytical findings (AAFs) were recorded at the 2017 Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games (AIMAG), a Report provided to the General Assembly of the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) has revealed, reports InsideTheGames.
• Former Russian Deputy Minister for Sport, Yuri Nagornykh (Юрием Нагорных), spoke to students at...
The Anti-Doping Division of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) that was created for...
Three Thai chair umpires, Anucha Tongplew, Apisit Promchai and Chitchai Srililai, have been banned for...