Demonising Justin Gatlin
13th September 2015
• Female footballers Eniola Aluko and Lianne Sanderson gave evidence to the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) Committee of the UK Parliament in a four hour session examining the governance of football yesterday. Aluko agreed a financial settlement with the FA after she was not selected for the England women’s team after making allegations of bullying and harassment against England team manager Mark Sampson. Her written evidence to yesterday’s inquiry (video below) is available here; and the Football Association’s written evidence is available here.
• Italy’s national anti-doping organisation (NADO Italia) has announced that volleyball player Bruna Ana Vrankovic has been sanctioned with a two year ban from 22 September. It is understood that the Croatian player, who plays for an Italian team, tested positive on 15 April during the Sab Grima Legnano vs. Golem Software Palmi A2 volleyball championship match.
• The Russian Athletics Federation (RusAF) has sanctioned three individuals with anti-doping rule violations (ADRVs), reports RusAthletics.com. Shot putter Maksim Sidorov was sanctioned with a one year ban after testing positive for indapamine; race walker Alexey Bartsaykin was sanctioned with a four year ban due to abnormalities in his athlete biological passport (ABP); and coach Valery Volkov was sanctioned with a four year ban for ‘complicity’. RusAthletics.com was RusAF’s official site until earlier this year.
• Former Manly Sea Eagles player Brett Stewart has won a defamation action against News Limited over an article linking him to match-fixing allegations, reports the Sydney Morning Herald. The article, which was taken down after a few hours, reported that the rugby league player was considering a move to France following conversations with management about match-fixing allegations levelled against the club.
• The Serbian boxing federation (SBF) has sanctioned Sašu Polugića with an 18 month ban,...
An agreement between Berlinger Group and the Arne Ljungqvist Anti-Doping Foundation will see any profit...
• The Disciplinary Chamber of the Swiss Olympic Committee has sanctioned a 24 year old...