Doubt remains over Rangers’ 2011/12 UEFA
13th November 2016
• The International Biathlon Union (IBU) has confirmed that doping tests on all members of the Kazakhstan national team have returned negative results. Austrian police conducted the raid following a tip-off by a member of the public, who witnessed a team official dispensing of medical equipment. ‘Numerous medicinal products and medicines were recovered’, read a statement from the Bundeskriminalamt, Austria’s Federal Office of Criminal Investigation.
• The International Golf Federation (IGF) has found that an adverse analytical finding (AAF) for clenbuterol reported by Mathias Eggenberger was the result of eating contaminated meat whilst in Mexico, and has found that the Swiss golfer bore ‘no fault or negligence’ under the World Anti-Doping Code. ‘Mr. Eggenberger’s individual competition results from the 2016 World Amateur Team Championships will be disqualified; and his team’s scores will therefore be adjusted to account for his disqualification’, read an IGF statement. ‘Mr. Eggenberger’s provisional suspension ended on January 12, 2017’.
• The Austrian Bundesliga has signed an agreement with the country’s national anti-doping agency (NADA) to feature the slogan ‘Sport Without Doping’ on referee shirts for the next 18 months. NADA Austria also has partnerships with the country’s American football, basketball, handball, tennis and volleyball competitions to feature the logo on referee shirts.
• An internal investigation into FIFA has uncovered corruption beyond that highlighted by the US Department of Justice (DoJ) in its ongoing investigation into corruption in football, reports Bloomberg. The findings are due to be presented to FIFA before the end of the month.
• UEFA, European football’s governing body, has signed an anti-doping agreement with Finland’s national anti-doping agency (FINADA) – the 28th agreement between UEFA and a European NADO. Under the agreements, UEFA and the NADOs coordinate their anti-doping programmes and testing activities, exchanging information and intelligence which is considered useful in planning doping tests.
The Latin American football confederation (CONMEBOL) has published details of US$129 million in suspicious bank...
Russia has lost 17 athletics medals from the Beijing 2008 and London 2012 Olympics due...