Demonising Justin Gatlin
13th September 2015
Rugby Europe Independent Judicial Committee met on Tuesday, April 17th, 2018 to consider the cases of the Spanish rugby players cited for the overflow at the end of the 2018 Rugby Europe Championship game between Belgium and Spain, played on March 18th 2018. Chaired by Professor Lorne Crerar (Scotland), assisted by Mr Jean-Claude Legendre (France) and Mr Aliaksandr Danilevich (Belarus), the Independent Committee has convened the following players: Pierre Barthère, Mathieu Belie, Lucas Guillaume, Guillaume Rouet, Sébastien Rouet as well as the Spanish Rugby Union’s representatives (F.E.R).
After considering the charges against each player and the F.E.R., the Committee heard the arguments and evidences of all parties. After deliberations, the Judicial Committee has issued the following sanctions:
• Guillaume ROUET (n°9): physical abuse of a Match Official and verbal abuse: 36 weeks
• Sébastien ROUET (n°20): physical abuse of a Match Official and verbal abuse: 43 weeks
• Pierre BARTHERE (n°6): threatening actions/words at a Match Official: 14 weeks
• Lucas GUILLAUME (n°7): threatening actions/words at a Match Official: 14 weeks
• Mathieu BELIE (n°10): threatening actions/words at a Match Official: 14 weeks
These sanctions are applicable immediately for all players’ rugby activities (clubs and national teams). Players have the right of appeal within 7 days of receipt of the written decision. The misconduct complaint against the Spanish Rugby Union was suspended and a further hearing date will be set.
• This media release was published on 17 April 2018 by Rugby Europe. Click here for the original.
The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) has been forced to submit a revised version...
The New York Times has a story just out on an analysis we’ve done on...